Saturday 23 June 2012

elf haul/review part 2

hello again! Its a Saturday afternoon I'm home alone and bored so I thought IT'S BLOGGING TIME! so this is part two of my 'elf haul/review' and this half is a lot longer so I'm not going to go into quite as much detail because I'm a slow typer and no-one wants to read pages and pages. oh also I am giving away some little things if anyone wants them so carry on reading for details!


As I said in my previous post because I spent over 15 pounds I got some free things! I don't know about anyone else but LOVE getting free things that's why I love elf because they always have offers deal and freebies going on so yeah that's good but anyway this is another thing I got free its the studio range cream eyeliner in the shade 'metallic olive' I normally hate cream eyeliner with a passion because I just cannot do it it just is all thing and hard to use and arrggh...but this i love its really really easy to use and its a great colour for my skin because it doesn't look really black against my pale skin, on the website the swatched colour looks really green but thrust me its not that green its a darkish brown with a hint of green. Elf is known for its bad colour match on the website but I still love elf.


As you can see in the picture above the picture above this writing it came with a little black brush which is okay, I mean its not bad it just doesn't give the thinnest line it could do if that makes any sense! So I decided to use this brush its the 17 eyeliner brush from boots. To be honest this brush isn't amazing either but its better than the free one because it give a thinner line.


This picture is just to show that you can achieve dark and thick or lighter and slim depending on how much you put on the bristles! I would defiantly repurchase this eyeliner but I don't think it will be running out soon, it was only 3.75 pounds and its better than my mums maxfacter one in my opinion!


I dont actually know why on earth I got this. I didn't even know what it was I just went for it! I was only 1 pound off until I would get something free and it actually took me about half  just to decide what to spend my last bit of money on and I seriously don't know why I went into a bit of a melt down and then I just got so hyper and I just couldn't stop laughing, my friend Lauren was sat with me and she was getting so irritated and I was like "I will get blusher, no I don't want blusher HAHAHA" I don't know what was wrong with me so I just clicked on this and I thought I'm oily skinned so got this. I thought it was like a face mask or face sheet that you leave on your face for a minute each day and it degreases you but it turns out its just lots of squares of tracing paper that you just dab on your face through out the day when you feel greasy there isn't even powder on them or anything its just paper so it feels like your rubbing your makeup off! I don't like this product I wouldn't buy it again. If anybody wants these please comment below and give your email and I will contact and happily send them to you!


Right so another thing I got free is these shimmer sheets in 'pearl'. I don't really know what to say about these I don't really like them to be honest because they are hard to apply and even when you do put it on its just sooo shiny its not highlighting its more glittery in a way so I tried applying with a brush instead but then it didn't show up! So sorry elf I do not like these! Again if anyone wants these comment below and leave your email so I can comment and send them to you!


this is just what it looks like on my finger sorry about my chipped nail varnish!

The next two things I bought were the 'studio matte lip colour' thing in shade 'natural' and 'coral'. I bought these because I was watching Becca's videos on you tube and she really recommended these (her videos are great I will link her channel at the bottom). I do like these but the only problem is even though it is says matte in the name there just a bit too matte like you can't rub your lips together easily they are not creamy at all I prefer a creamy lipstick but they are still good 


This is what they looked like swatched on my wrist the one the bottom is 'coral' and above that is 'natural'

This is what the shade 'natural' looks like on my lips it is a bit plain but I suppose its supposed to be natural so yeah I'm liking it for school and that sort of thang

This is what 'coral' looks like on my lips I think its a bit orange but its okay the only problemo with the studio matte lip colours are that if you have dry lips the colour doesn't blend/sink in well so it looks a bit crusty that sounds disgusting but its the only way i can think to describe it!

So that is all of my elf tiny weeny haul I know it doesn't look like I have I have spent 15 pounds but I ordered it with my friend Lauren and she took her things so yeah that is it I will see you soon.


p.s please comment ect. below and I know at the top it says saturday in the day and it is now night it didn't take me all day to type I just didn't finish it till night because my friend came around! bye :)



No comments:

Post a Comment